Nov 17, 2010

Why the Blog?

One of the big reasons I decided to blog is just a a journal of sorts for myself years down the road in my old age when I have most likely left criminal defense.  I want to be able to look back with clarity as to all the stuff I did and kinda have a screen capture of how I thought and reacted to things at this point in my life.  I had a blog in law school and it was a great stress relief but it is also really interesting to go back now 3 years later and see how some of my opinions have changed.   I can't imagine what the comparison will be like in 20 or 30 years from now.

But since I am apparently just arrogant enough to think my ramblings might be amusing or even illuminating to others I decided to make this available to anyone on the interwebs.  So from now on I am just going to pretend that I have an audience hanging on my every word as I write. Its more fun that way.   And even if I don't have some mass following maybe some bored law student will stumble upon this blog while sitting in class or avoiding studying so I have decided to pepper this blog with things I have learned along the way.  Maybe it will help somebody or maybe not.  Mostly it will be me being sarcastic and perhaps even caustic cause frankly that is how I deal with stress and with this job there is more than enough stress to go around.   Mostly this job is intensely hard work and alot of compromise.  Every once in a while you get an out-an-out win but mostly its scaled wins or even big defeats.  You have to find comedy where you can because otherwise the sadness of watching a parade of people going through the legal justice system over and over will get to you

No comments:

Post a Comment